… because I WILL beat him up. Stupid law!*
I need a break from this. I need everything to stop going wrong… just to give me some breathing space…
If you perceive that there are four possible ways in which something can go wrong, and circumvent these, then a fifth way, unprepared for, will promptly develop
Corollary: It will be impossible to fix the fifth fault, without breaking the fix on one or more of the others
Honestly, I can’t deal anymore. It’s hard enough for me to get my shit sorted out in the first place, and I never managed to do so after moving a couple of months ago because everything keeps going wrong. And the result is that I am close to exhaustion, and my ADHD is out of control. Of course, this results in more things going wrong.
So, really, I need a break from this to get my shit together.
Rule of Accuracy: When working toward the solution of a problem, it always helps if you know the answer.
Corollary: Provided, of course, that you know there is a problem.
I need to organise my house so I can find stuff. I need to organise it so I can keep it organised and find more stuff.
In order to do that, I need energy and focus.
In order to get that, I need to be healthy.
In order to get healthy, I need rest, excercise and good nutrition.
In order to get rest, my environment needs to be less chaotic, aka organised. I need to have my ‘system’ in place, but I can’t manage that.
I can’t excercise because of the lingering bronchitis.
Lack of excercise makes ADHD worse.
Worse ADHD makes planning healthy meals just about impossible.
Worse ADHD makes organising things just about impossible.
In 2012 I went seamlessly from recovering from depression to losing my job and finding a new one and starting a new one to moving to a new relationship MEANWHILE dealing with my brand-new diagnosis ADHD, MEANWHILE going crazy on one antidepressant then losing three months’ worth of deep sleep on the next which, I might add, is completely exhausting. Because I was so exhausted, my body couldn’t fight off the cold which turned into a bad bronchitis… which still hasn’t lifted fully. I spent most of the year trying to get some sort of a break. Looking forward to just a tiny bit of peace and calm. I don’t know, just an opportunity to not have to fight as much all the time.
I mean, what are the chances?
Nothing is as easy as it looks
Everything takes longer than it takes
Whenever you set out to do something, something else must be done first.
A few other things:
- It would be great if public transport planning sites were actually accurate and gave you the most sensible route.
- It would be great if the tram actually ran on time rather than 5 minutes early after I did my bestest to get there on time and actually managed to get to the stop 4 minutes before the scheduled time
- It would be amazing if after managing to get to the stop 5 minutes early the tram ran at all… instead of somehow resulting in me being 30 minutes late… AGAIN
- It would be great if I could find my umbrella
- It would be amazing if it didn’t just start raining as I walked out of the door after getting my make up right, or after not being able to find the umbrella, or if I’m carrying stuff I don’t want to get wet
That’s all for now.
* Green text from this fun site www.murphy’s-laws.com