Yup, I got one! CeeLee nominated me! (Go check, she’s pretty amazing!). Basically, the idea is to pass this award on to 11 other bloggers who are ‘up and coming’, aiming to inspire and share. 10 questions are asked, you answer them, and ask 11 in return for your nominees to answer.
She asked these questions:
1.On a scale from 1-5, with 5 being scared stupid, how afraid of dark are you?
Not at all. So I guess 1? That allows for the odd startle when you hear a funny noise, right?
2.Who is the person you never want to meet in a back alley?
Er, given my current job (psych crisis team) I’ve encountered a few.
3.What’s been your favorite age to be, so far?
I don’t know. I’m quite happy being 27!
4.If you could create a half-hour TV show of your own, what would it be and what’s the name?
I’d actually fantasised up a show with an atmosphere of MTV’s Underemployed (well, before that was actually made) mixed with Scrubs but about med students and how screwed up many of us really were. It had no name yet.
5.What’s your all time favorite quote?
‘Four legged mammals do not have claVIcles, they use their corpses to carry around their weight’. (my anatomy prof in 2nd year of med school). I don’t know, no reason, it just always pops up in my mind when people ask me to name a quote. His Dutch was better than his English, and this quote is from an English lecture he gave…
6.What is the one thing you do best?
7. Can you dance? (twerking does not count) How well?
Actually I CAN dance and I should dance more. Not very well anymore, but I could do some salsa as a student. And rumba. And the Waltz to some extent. And I busted my lateral collateral ligament in my knee doing an advanced streetdance class when I was a beginner.
8.Bigfoot exists. Yes or no?
Yes AND no.
9.What was the worst auto correct fail you’ve had?
Nothing springs to mind really. Most of mine really are due to not having an Afrikaans dictionary on my iPhone, and the phone changing words from one language into the other. The last funny one was ‘Siesta’ being autocorrected into the Dutch spelling (with two dots on the E, which I can’t figure out how to do in WordPress) in a Dutch sentence and TDH correcting it to the Spanish spelling when autocorrect actually did it’s job for once… not really funny is it?
10.Do you dream in color or in black and white?
Here are my nominees:
1) Zest and her Sunshine Scrapbook: A rat-owner from Jo’burg who definitely lets the South-African sun shine through your computer screen!
2) Alec’s Progress, written by his dad. Alec is a boy with leukemia, and this blog is just… beautiful and real.
3) CriminalMassWorderer. This guy has a way with words, and a certain way with his ADHD…. and SHOULD be writing more often but please finish his degree first!
4) Flux and Flow technically isn’t an ‘up and coming’ blogger anymore, she’s pretty much soaring but with good reason. This girl really is an inspiration to be positive despite adversity.
5) Is Anyone an Idiot but Me? Surely we all wonder that? Time for your weekly idiotology class!
6) Sunlight Beauty. Finally, NOT just another beauty blog. I especially like her blogs about out-of-the-box beauty solutions.
7) Tales of an adult with ADHD. Moleculefest is in his 30’s, writing, and dealing with the ups and downs of being wired not entirely like everyone else. Really like this guy.
8) Deceivingly Normal is about life in an unusual family. You know how things tend to run in families? Well, watch this family run the things instead!
9) Feathersofhappenstance is one of the ADHD crew. She’s painting with words.
10) Splischsplasch An Aussie girl finding pretty things!
11) And last but not least, ms Rollins who has only 18 channels blaring in her head at any given time!
So, here come my questions!!
1) What is your earliest memory?
2) Describe your natural environment.
3) What is your pet peeve?
4) What is your favourite colour?
5) What is your maybe-one-day dream car?
6) And your keep-on-dreaming dream car?
7) Name 3 items of clothing that define your style.
8) Do you have any scars on your body?
9) What inspired you lately?
10) What was your last awkward moment?
11) What was the last thing that made you smile?